Native Plants of the Northern Beaches, Sydney
What you will find on this website are some of the native plant areas on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. Listed are some of the more common plants that are seen flowering in each of the particular areas. The images selected have been taken in the plant areas listed. The information has been compiled during regular visits since 2010.
New plants will be added when seen in the particular area so this should be seen as a work in progress.
Each site lists the Latin names in alphabetical order as accurately as known alongside the common names.
[Site Navigation: Each plant page will open in a new window/tab; close the plant page window/tab to return to the plant list. To open a gallery of images per plant, click on any of the images on the plant page to invoke; to close click the cross in the top left-hand corner of any of the gallery image pages.]
Books and Web sites referenced:
- Les Robinson – Field Guide to the native plants of Sydney
- Alan Fairley & Philip Moore – Native Plants of the Sydney Region
- Beadle, Evans, Carolin – Flora of the Sydney Region
- Alan Fairley – Wildflowers of Australia
- Gary Leonard – Eucalypts of the Sydney Region
- Friends of Lane Cove National Park – http://www.friendsoflanecovenationalpark.org.au/
- Northern Beaches Herbarium – http://www.northernbeachesherbarium.com.au/
- PlantNET – http://plantnet.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/